History was made September 2-6, 1982 in a filming studio in St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada, as the life and magic of Dai Vernon was permanently recorded for future generations. Inspired by Bill Larsen, the project was undertaken by Videonics, owned and operated by Hans Zahn. The co-hosts of the filming project were Michael Ammar, Gary Ouellet and Steve Freeman.
L & L Publishing has now taken this original footage and digitally re-mastered it. Not only can we learn by actually seeing and hearing the Professor at work, but our great grandchildren and their great grandchildren will be taught that most elusive of crafts by the grandest master of them all.
Some of the important points to be considered are:
* The format is that of a jam session, with Vernon discussing his tricks, moves and routines, and generally holding court.
* All the moves, techniques, routines, tips and handlings discussed are actually performed by Vernon or one of the co-hosts, along with a complete explanation.
* Roughly half of the subjects covered relate to the published record; half the material was new and disclosed for the first time (at the time of the video shoot).
* Many times, Vernon teaches important new techniques on the Vernon classics, including improvements, or previously undisclosed handlings, even as regards the famous Stars of Magic effects.
* Some world famous routines, such as the Coins in Champagne Glass or the Fred Kaps Coins and Silk (invented by Vernon and taught to Kaps) are publicly revealed.
* Important revelations about the Erdnase techniques, which Vernon has spent a lifetime studying, form a major part of the material.
The idea behind these videos was to capture Vernon live so future magicians can experience him.
No magician should miss these videos. Dai Vernon was the Dean of modern magic and he shares great things on these tapes.
Gary Ouellet Intro
The International Gambler's Code
The Zanzig Code
The Miami Brothers Ploy
The Vernon Card Switch
The Gambler's Hole Card Switch
The Verbal Code (Vernon)
Teaching Method for Verbal Code
How to Memorize the Cards
Vernon Tells the Story of Benny
Vernon Tells the Names of Each Card
in his Code
Vernon Short Card
Freeman Demonstrates Short Card Control
Gary Ouellet intro
Freeman Quotes Erdnase
The Erdnase Bottom Deal
The Elliott Bottom Deal
The Artanis Bottom Deal
Gambling vs. Magic
The Second Deal - The Erdnase Methods
The Johnny Thompson Method
Vernon's Trick for Second Deal
Vernon Gives Tips on Second Deal
The Vernon New Theory Second Deal
The Big Lie about the Strike Second
The Elliott Million Dollar Secret
Mexican Joe's Shift
The Side Shift
Covering the One-Handed Shift
The S.W.E. Shift
The Kennedy Center Deal (The Real Work)
Bad Habits Center Deal